Willowview Hill Farm is pleased to announce their location in Stamford, NY, will be the hosting site for The BookSmith Club event schedule for 2026/7 - with author Nikki Alvin-Smith.
"With the membership of The Booksmith Club blooming, I thought long and hard about the best location to host our forthcoming schedule for in-person and virtual meetings. As advanced level professional horse trainers, hubbie and I are well-used to hosting symposiums and clinics both here at home and internationally. So starting out with inviting club members to our farm in the Catskill Mountains seemed a natural place to start," says Nikki Alvin-Smith.
The BookSmith Club can be followed on their Facebook group page, but their main sign ups come from Nikki's author website and the focus for the club is to support both readers and writers.
If you are interested in joining, here is some info on how to go about it from Nikki:
A Warm Welcome To A Special Corner of the World -
You're invited to join Nikki's BookSmith Club -
This is not your average book club - first off it's FREE.What can you expect?
Here are just some of the benefits you will enjoy in the fun times ahead.
- Ride along with amusing travel adventures on book research expeditions at home and abroad
- Wizardry advice for new and aspiring writers
- Insider reveals for readers and writers and of course, exclusive offers on book deals and new releases.
"For our virtual get-togethers of the BookSmith Club I have access to The Horse Studio's 'studio', which is perfect for podcasts and audio work. And of course in the warmer weather, Willowview Hill Farm is a beautiful spot for like-minded authors, wannabe authors and readers (of any genre), to gather and enjoy a read and sip or other event.
Part of our dressage horse training program here also offers Intensive Retreats, and we also plan to offer a combo version for readers/authors that are also horse folks. And with the largest book village in New York, Hobart, literally our neighboring village, during free hours the opportunity to explore the village and its extensive used book collections is a lovely diversion. Though sadly stores there don't support new book sales. I'm not sure why not, especially from local authors and independent publishers. I mention this because other book clubs on social media that have visited Hobart Book Village have published their disappointment that no new books were available alongside the recycled ones."
Regarding horses and writing, I think any time you can combine your passions in life it is a win for everyone."
"While I am also a seasoned professional PR/Marketing Specialist and Strategist, I have to admit that at this point in my life I could really use some help with the marketing management. There are just not enough hours in the day to give everything the attention it deserves.
My debut novel, The Dutchess of Chadwick, has been very well-received. But as all writers know, there is always at least one other book in the works coming along behind it. In my case, The BONKERS English Village is due for release early January 2027. Any time taken away from the writing process has to be carefully orchestrated. I am keen that The BookSmith Club provides a fun and educational look at the writing processes we all employ, and help my fellow authors on their own journeys."
Not a BookSmith Club Member Yet? You Are Welcome to Join Now!
BookSmith@NikkiAlvinSmith.com
requesting membership. Be sure to include your full name,
town and state location and phone number.





Comments
Post a Comment